- No Programming
- Charts & Indicators
- Headers & Footers
- Sort by Column
- Calculated Fields
- Sort without NAV keys
- Font Colors
- Font Properties
- Green Bar Rows
- Collapse Details
- Drill-down to NAV
- Save to Excel/PDF
- Publish to Web
- Save Configurations
“Pivotier is one of the easiest report-building tools I have ever used!”
“We plan on replacing ALL LS Retail and NAV reports with Pivotier reports.”
- Financial Reports
- Developer Tools
- SSRS Integration
- Pivotier Overview
- Free Training
- Fact Sheet
|Using the Dynamics NAV "Classic" Client||Using the new Role-Tailored Client|
Dynamics NAV Reporting Pain Solved
End-users have been struggling for a decade or more to easily get reports from their NAV data. The ability to see all fields from C/SIDE tables has required advanced programming, has been almost impossible, or has required expensive external analytical or reporting applications.
Pivotier uses the power of the latest – and true - Microsoft reporting technologies like Report Definition Language (RDL) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to empower non-technical users to extract information from Dynamics NAV. And you can use Pivotier with SQL Server database versions for Dynamics NAV 4.x or newer in your familiar Classic or Role-tailored NAV user interface.Empowering NAV End-Users
Pivotier empowers end-users of Dynamics NAV to design and run their own reports because:
- Data is easier for end users to understand with predefined queries (i.e. data sets)
- Complex font formatting functionality is possible with a few mouse-clicks
- The most modern Microsoft reporting technologies are used with older database versions
- Data visualization is made possible with the ability to add charts and graphical indicators
- Your organization’s data is secured by respecting your NAV roles and permissions
- Report access is available to “casual” users via the web using SSRS
In short, Pivotier delivers the best Microsoft reporting technologies in a familiar user experience at a low cost. Why wait for future releases with vaguely defined features when you can enjoy the best of Microsoft reporting today?
How it Works?
- Pivotier queries are defined by IT or power users to handle the joining of tables and fields. Queries handle the interpretation of NAV flowfields and other data nuances automatically by generating Transact SQL statements at run-time. Queries also provide a level of data security and optimization of data reads to your SQL Server database.
- End-users define ad-hoc reports within Dynamics NAV using EITHER the Classic or Role-Tailored (i,e, NAV 2009) user interface and select fields from pre-defined queries. The query definition greatly simplifies the user experience by eliminating the need for end-users to understand complex data relationships within the NAV database.
- Calculated columns, graphical data indicators and charts can be added with a few mouse-clicks to generate rich, colorful and visually stunning reports.
- Reports can be shared with other users in the enterprise using NAV security roles.
- Reports can also be published to Excel, PDF or to SSRS.
Encouraging End-users to Create Reports
Users are often confused and intimidated by the vast array of tables and fields available in Dynamics NAV and its many add-on solutions. They prefer to work within their familiar Classic or Role-tailored NAV interface and resist using external applications like Excel. Pivotier allows IT departments and partners to define Queries which join multiple tables and fields in normalized data sets to match specific business objectives such as sales reporting or employee analysis. Now users can simply pick fields and place them on reports without any knowledge of internal data complexities.
Font Formatting Options
Microsoft’s Report Definition Language and the Microsoft Report Viewer are capable of supporting rich-content reports, including charts and graphics. Pivotier reveals all these sophisticated formatting capabilities to end-users via Style Sheets inside Dynamics NAV. Style Sheets can be used to define font colors, weight, families, justification and other characteristics such as printing negative numbers in red.
Half of all users will understand reports better if they include some visualization. Accenting reports with pie or bar charts or adding traffic lights to highlight good, indifferent or bad values are ways to direct attention to critical values or variances. Pivotier allows end-users to add charts and data indicators with a single mouse click.
Protecting your Data
You know better than anyone that all users should not have unrestricted access to data. Because Pivotier starts within Dynamics NAV, it respects all your NAV security roles and permissions. Using external tools only exposes your data to uncontrolled access.
Sharing and Distributing Reports
Your company has people who need reports and may not be day-to-day NAV users. Adding user sessions can be an expensive proposition and training dozens of casual users can become impossible to sustain. All Pivotier reports can be published to SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and then run by users with a lower cost SQL user connection to your data. SSRS also allows you to define subscription rules to automatically execute and distribute reports via email or file transfer.